Most of us know that the series was called Dragon Warrior between 1986 and somewhere in the early 2000s because of a trademark issue. And those of us who played any of those earlier games (DW 1-4, 7, and DWM 1&2) knew monsters by different names than they’re being called today.
The first game that came state-side using the title Dragon Quest, I believe was VIII.
Ever since then, monster names have been changed. Some cases more drastic than others. Redslime became She-slime. Metabble became Liquid metal slime. Pizarro became Psaro. Deathmore became Mortamor. Mirudraas became Nimzo. I could go on for hours.
My point here is I have an idea of what we can call monster names before the big change with DQVIII if we really feel more inclined to use them.
We can call them by their “PQ” names. As in “Pre-Quest” names.
I mean it’s what I’m going to start doing, anyway =p
This has been a stupid post. <3
- psyseon reblogged this from nidophlosionz
- shiemi likes this
- sailortentacle reblogged this from alittlebirdysays and added:
- pointincase reblogged this from jessicaalbert13 and added:
- valentine-vii likes this
- nidophlosionz likes this
- jessicaalbert13 reblogged this from nidophlosionz and added:
- alittlebirdysays reblogged this from nidophlosionz and added:
- alittlebirdysays likes this
- nidophlosionz posted this